Friday, November 13, 2009

Exploring the great Grumeti Rserve


Finally to Sabora Tented Camp and our night under canvas, my favourite way to experience the African bush! The camp is very opulent and again the attention to detail is fabulous. That night I slept with the front of my tent wide open; I love to hear the night sounds and to have the early morning light creep in as dawn appears. Having the wildebeest and zebra grazing right outside my bathroom added the final touch.


As I lay in bed that night after a sumptuous dinner under the stars, I thought back to my fleeting visit back to the African bush and to our adventures in years gone by. I realise more and more how important it is to have a private guide such as Simon to travel with on safari. He has a knowledge of Africa that is unsurpassed; not just of the wildlife but the history and the cultures. Add to this a sense of humour and this is what makes a safari so much more than just a journey to Africa. It is a journey to parts of our souls that we have forgotten in our day to day lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment